Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Yes" in Christ

Sometimes God actually does smack me upside the head.

It's no secret that I want a house, although I'm not entirely sure I'm ready fiscally or physically.  But I can't stand to live in this apartment another year.   Now seems the time to buy a house.  All I need is faith.  I know God wants better things for me.  I know He wants me to feel safe in my home.  I just need faith to know that He is working for the good for me.  Patience is always an issue.  And it's no secret that faith is an issue.  Not to mention finances, which I continue to struggle with despite my best efforts.

But this morning I was reading II Corinthians and God really did smack me upside the head.  I'm a stubborn, stupid girl and I need Him to hammer it home before I truly believe.  II Corinthians was the hammer this morning.  "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are 'yes' in Christ."  (II Corinthians 1:20)  All of my worries, all of my doubts are yes in Christ.  That is all I have to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment