Saturday, December 8, 2012

The problem with faith

I'm a believer.  I was raised Christian, had a brief falling out, but have been blessed to return to the beliefs that lead me through childhood.  But childhood was not easy.  It wasn't horrific, but it was difficult.  I've never felt I could rely on anyone but myself.  I learned at a very young age how to be self-sufficient.  So leaning on God has not been easy.

There's a reason it's called a 'Leap of Faith'.  I felt like I was leaping off a cliff when I cut up my credit cards.  I've depended on them to buy gas and groceries.  Cutting them up was a command from God, one I had resisted to follow for a long time.  But doing it made me feel a sense of peace I hadn't felt in a long time.

I feel like I'm taking another leap now.  I have given an offering most of my adult life, but never a true tithe.  But Malachi 3:10 has been on my mind for months.  My paycheck is very small and my bills are very great.  But I am resolved to test God on this, just as He says.  I'm just a bit terrified, but I'm leaping off this cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment