Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Go me!

I went to the mall yesterday, inadvertently.  All I wanted to get was stamps, but my regular post office had a line going out the door and I didn't feel like standing in line forever.  It was cold yesterday.  So I went to Joann's and the mall is just across the street.  And they have a post office!  But they didn't open until ten.  Every other post office in the nation opens at nine.  Why didn't the mall post office.  But I managed to walk out with only the thing I went in there for.  And it wasn't easy.  But every time I stopped to look at something a voice kept asking me if I really needed that.  It was quite a relief to realize that I didn't.  And I walked away.  As said, not easy.  There were some really cute shoes on sale.  But I did it.  And I even got my walking in.  It was cold.  Walking inside the mall, despite the temptation to shop, was much better than walking in the cold drizzle.  And I only got what was on my list.  I really needed that voice.  I pray it never goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment