Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I need a caretaker

I saw Skyfall today.  I got a free ticket.  When I bought Quantum of Solace.  So it almost evens out.  Skyfall was a typical James Bond film.  And then it got good!  And then it was a typical James Bond movie.  And then it got good again.  No spoilers!  You're welcome.  But if you can, go see it.  It was good.

I had a lovely lunch with library friends today.  It's nice to visit work friends outside of work.  But that was the high point of my day.  The movie was good, but the shopping spree between lunch and the movie wasn't so good.

I went to Joann's and got an Ott Light.  It was half off.  I can almost justify it.  My depression gets a bit less depressing when I have good light.  I have no ceiling light in my living room and the lamps I have are not very bright, no matter what wattage bulb I put in it.  The Ott light mimics daylight.  It's already quite helpful and it will be even more helpful when I start on my cross stitching.  The shoes I got are a bit harder to justify.  I do need walking shoes that don't give me blisters.  But I didn't really need shoes now.  Nor did I need the second pair of shoes.  I just....

It's crazy what I put myself through.  I'm not stupid, all evidence to the contrary.  I can pay it off.  But I shouldn't be putting myself deeper in debt.  I know better.  I need to stop being stupid.

Anyone want to help me out with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment