Sunday, September 23, 2012

Being alone

It's not the same as being lonely.  A lot of people don't understand that.  They believe that because I'm alone I must be lonely all the time.  Not so much.

Of course, I get lonely.  There are times when I want someone to enjoy a meal with or go to the movies with me.  But most of the time I'm happier alone.  Crowds make me anxious.  And I'm the type of personality that likes to make people happy, which doesn't always make me happy.  When I'm alone I can do what I want when I want.  I don't have to worry about what others want to do.  And I don't like to consider every action and how people will judge me for it.  There is no one that I can be myself with.  I feel as if I'm always hiding something.  When I'm alone I don't worry about others.  It's freeing, actually, living alone and spending time alone.  I can't imagine anyone I'd rather be with.

No comments:

Post a Comment